• First Generation Business Entrepreneur.
• Well respected Business leader in Indian Shipping and Logistics Industry with also nearly 15 years of seafaring experience, coupled with more than 3 decades of extensive experience on shore in Shipping & Commerce.
• Chairman of Seahorse group of companies- A highly diversified professional group with a pan India network of own offices and a work force of over 800 personnel providing committed broad spectrum services in trade &shipping, International transportation & logistics, consultancy and shipping representation services.
· Completed FSc, Punjab University in the year 1960.
· Completed 2 years of pre-sea training on Training Ship ‘Dufferin’ in 1962 in Mumbai and was awarded ‘First Class’
· Obtained the Master’s Certificate of Proficiency and Competence from MOT, Government of India in the year 1969.
Post Graduate Qualifications:
· ‘Post Graduate Diploma in Shipping Management’ from Plymouth Polytechnic, UK in 1977.
· Post Graduate Certificate of “Management of Offshore Operations” from Plymouth Polytechnic, in 1977.
Professional Background(1962 to 1979):
• Served in various ships owned by M/s. Scindia Steam Navigation Co. Ltd. & Wallem Shipmanagement, Hong Kong and took Command of a ship in 1974. Subsequently, served as Captain on various types of ships owned by Scindia’s&Wallem
Founder Partner of the Seahorse Group of Companies, which was formed in 1980. The Group has since diversified into multifarious activities, employing in excess of 1000 personnel all over India with offices at Kolkatta, Visakha, Chennai, Tuticorin, Cochin, Kandla/Mundra, New Delhi, Bangalore, Coimbatore and Hyderabad, namely.
· Ship Agency
· Container Storage Depots / Terminals
· Marine Freight Container Leasing
· Shipmanning & Consultancy Services
· Global Logistic Solutions & Supply Chain Management
· Infrastructure Projects
Shareholder Director/ Chairman of the following companies:
· Seahorse Ship Agencies Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai
· Omega Intermodal Container Services Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai
· Marine Container Services (I) Pvt. Ltd.
· Bay Container Terminals Pvt. Ltd.
· Yang Ming Line (India) Pvt. Ltd.
· Tristar Container Services (Asia) Pvt. Ltd.
· Sanko Kisen Seahorse (India) Pvt. Ltd.
· Seahorse Buss Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd.
Seahorse Group has partnered with some of the very prestigious Global companies to form the following joint ventures:
· Sanko Kisen Seahorse (India) Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai – Joint venture between Seahorse Ship Agencies Pvt. Ltd. and M/s Sanko Steamship Co. Ltd., Tokyo.
· Yang Ming Line (India) Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai – A Joint venture between Marine Container Services (I) Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai and M/s. Yang Ming Marine Transport Corp. Taiwan, one of the leading shipping lines in the world.
· Tristar Container Services (Asia) Pvt. Ltd., Chennai – A Joint Venture between Marine Container Services (I) Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai and M/s. Triton Container International Ltd., San Francisco, one of the largest container lessors in the world.
· Seahorse Buss Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai – A Joint Venture company between M/s. Marine Container Services (India) Pvt. Ltd. and M/s. Buss Capital, Hamburg, Germany, involved in long term financing of infrastructure projects e.g. Railway Wagons and Rolling Stock, Port and Container Handling Projects, Financing of Offshore Barges and Vessels Projects etc.
· Member of Managing Committee, Bombay Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Mumbai
. Past President of ‘The Council of EU Chambers of Commerce in India’
. Chairman, Indo-Spanish bi-lateral Trade committee of Bombay Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
· Till recently, ‘Trustee on the Board of JNPT (Nhava-Sheva)’
· Past Chairman, Shipping & Transport sub-committee of Bombay Chamber of Commerce & Industry
· Past President of Indo-Sri Lankan Society
. Member of Indo – South African Chamber of commerce
. Member of World Trade Centre, Mumbai.
• India Representative – HAROPA Ports , France
Hon, Consul General in Mumbai of the Republic of Latvia in India
Active participation in various user forums and Conferences Nationally & Internationally, connected with development of Indian Ports and Shipping & Exim trade.
COMPANY WEBSITE: www.seahorseshipagencies.com