Equipped with a degree from BITS Pilani in mechanical engineering and an Advance Management Programme (AMP) from Harvard Business School, Shishir started his professional journey as a trainee engineer in Thermax. Shishir led the Cooling and Heating Business of Thermax and transitioned to the role of CEO of SKF India in 2009. From 2nd April 2018, Shishir has taken over as CEO and MD of Praj Industries Ltd., a Pune based Industrial Biotech major.
Shishir’s journey includes Business management of high technology market leader organisations – both India headquartered as well as publicly quoted MNC subsidiary, Strategic management of business serving a wide cross section of industrial and Automotive segments, Energy and environmental solutions (Projects and services in fields of alternative and conventional energy generation for industrial and commercial applications), Global Business management with international multi location manufacturing, establishment and Management of International subsidiaries.
Shishir was also named as one of the ‘most valuable CEOs’ of India by Business world magazine in the year 2013 and listed amongst ‘India’s Top 100 CEOs in 2013’ by Business Today magazine.
- Served on board of Process Plant and Machinery association of India (PPMAI) as Director and Chairman in 2007-2009.
- Founding Director for Alliance for Energy Efficient Economy (AEEE) – an industry think tank and policy advocacy organisation for energy efficiency in India.
- Served as Chairperson of CII Pune Zone 2015-16.
- Served two terms as Independent Director on board of SBIMF, 2012-2017
- Speaker at Harvard Business School India Forum on two occasions
- Chairman CII sustainability council western Region – 2019-20
- Co-Chairman, CII National Task Force on Bioenergy 2020-21
- Member Academic council Navarachna University
COMPANY WEBSITE: www.praj.net