Senior Banker with over 20 years of experience with successful track record in building new business, managing business transformation and ensuring sustained growth across economic cycles. Responsible for Indian Subcontinent region in diverse roles and responsibilities across wholesale, institutional and retail banking space. Excellent Coverage and Institutional liaison capabilities. Well versed in Corporate Banking, Trade/ Structured Trade, Correspondent Banking, Advisory Services, Mergers and acquisition, Project Finance and Treasury products.
Other interests includes Social Service, Investor/ Mentorship, Speaker and Columnist
Intesa Sanpaolo – Chief Representative March 2021 till date
Post-merger of UBI Banca with Intesa, joined the largest Italian bank to lead the Indian operations. Responsible for business in Indian subcontinent (excluding Pakistan). Reporting to CEO – Asia
UniCredit – Chief Representative Oct 2016 – March 2021
UniCredit is the second largest corporate lender in Europe with Germany, Italy, Austria and CEE as the major hubs and has global presence in 30 countries. It is classified as Globally Systemically Important Bank.
As part of the new Corporate and Investment Banking(CIB) team of Transform 2019, relaunched the business in Indian sub-continent with focus on Indian MNCs doing business in Europe, European MNCs in India and Correspondent Banking/ Trade business. Responsible for business in India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Maldives. Reporting to CEO- Asia
- Built the strategy, market intelligence and credit/ risk policies for the bank to offer customized solutions for the market across all product categories in CIB –M&A, Corporate lending, commodity & trade finance, ECA, Markets Business and Bond Issuance(including SSDs)
- Initiated new relationships with Indian MNCs and European companies in India leading to new business origination for Singapore and European hubs
- Reinvigorated relationships with Banks in Indian subcontinent
- Managing key relationships with regulators, agencies and Embassies. Ensuring full compliance with bank policies and local laws
- Complete revamp of India office – office relocation, setting up the IT systems and business processes in line with UniCredit global standards
SACE SpA – Head of South Asia Sep 2011 till Sep 2016
Among the most proactive ECAs, foreign offices act as catalyst not only in linking the business needs of clients across geography but also working closely with regional offices to achieve business goals. Proactive/ complementary roles with respect to business origination, credit understanding and customizing products based on local regulation
- Set up office at Mumbai, which included liaisoning with agencies for approval, and establishing the systems and processes for developing the successful operations in South Asia
- Developed strong relationships with all Italian companies in the region along with Banks, Major Corporates and MSME clients in India facilitating transactions in Corporate Banking, Project Finance, Structured Finance, Local Bank linked transactions.
- Inbound and Outbound Advisory facilitation.
- Board member of Indo- Italian Chamber of Commerce and preferred partner of Italian Embassy
- Managing relationships with Central bank – RBI, Other regulators and Ministry of Finance.
- Responsible for ongoing business development in Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Bhutan, Nepal and Maldives.
ICICI Bank – Assistant General Manager May 2006 – Aug 2011
Largest and most proactive private bank in the country help build well rounded expertise in project finance, trade/ structured finance, core banking products and treasury products with P&L responsibility
- Project Finance Team Leader
- Managed relationships of manufacturing sector clients for all the banking requirements to achieve business goals
- Underwriting of the proposal, portfolio management and servicing of all requirements of coverage clients
- Branch Manager( largest corporate branch) – Commercial/ Corporate Banking
- Involves facilitating trade, cash management and banking requirements of big corporates to meet P& L responsibilities
- Senior Product Manager – International Banking
- Part of the core team to set up ECA Desk for ICICI Bank and managed non Asia –Export Credit Agency and Multilateral Institution relationship
- Head of the Buyers Credit/ Structured trade desk for the bank
- Head of Offshore Banking Unit – responsible for Special Economic Zone Business and Treasury operations for the bank
- As part of the Product team, successfully built system, process to deliver seamless customer delivery.
Other Experiences June 2004 – 1998
IDBI Bank Product Manager
Citicorp Credit India Limited Area Manager
Escotel(Now Voda-Idea Cellular Ltd) Senior Officer
- Fintech – Innovation and Transformation in Financial Services from NUS Business School, Singapore, 2021
- PGDBA from ICFAI Business School, India, 1998
- BA – Economics (Hons.) from Delhi University, India, 1996
Other Positions Held
- President – Indo-Italian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Chairman – Reality Gives, an NGO
COMPANY WEBSITE: www.intesasanpaolo.com